We are delighted to be open and to be welcoming guests again. Things are not quite the same here at Manesty as they were at the beginning of the year and we have had to make changes to adhere to relevant rules and to minimise the risks to our guests, to those who help us look after the accommodation and to ourselves. Below is a summary of how these changes will affect your holiday.
Before you arrive
– If you have Covid-19, or if you have been advised to self-isolate at home, you must not travel to Manesty.
– We are no longer taking payments in person on arrival and request that you pay your balance before you arrive. We will send an email detailing how to do this.
– We can still provide items such as high-chairs, cots and pillows. However, we are encouraging guests to bring their own such items wherever possible to minimise the extent to which multiple guests use the same “high contact” items. In particular, we strongly recommend that you bring your own pillows. Please let us know if you are not.
– In addition to our usual rigorous cleaning, we are following guidance from the Professional Self Caterers Association in order to prepare the accommodation for you.
– We have a later arrival time of 5pm. Unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate any early arrivals and we can no longer offer parking for those who wish to arrive early and go for a walk before their accommodation is ready.
– Pillows will not be on the bed on your arrival unless you request them.
– We have removed items which cannot be washed between guests such as bed throws and scatter cushions from the accommodation.
– Only the beds which are required for your holiday will be made up for you. Unmade beds will be protected with a clean sheet and will be clearly labelled. If you wish to use these beds please ask us for clean bedding while you are here.
– We will no longer welcome you in person or show you around the accommodation and grounds. Our arrival email, sent a week or so before your arrival, will include everything you need to find and access your accommodation. It will also give you access to our new welcome video. We will still be here if you need help and will be pleased to hear from you on your arrival to make sure you have settled in.
– You should continue to respect the Government’s 2 metre social distancing rule in our shared outdoor areas as there is plenty of space to do so.
– Areas belonging to a specific accommodation have been physically separated to help our guests maintain 2 metre social distancing.
– We are making social distancing as easy as possible by limiting the number of people at Manesty. Therefore you should not invite friends or family who are staying elsewhere to visit you at Manesty.
Closure of shared facilities
– Utility Room – we have closed our shared utility room/books & games room. In light of this we have installed a combination washing machine/drier in Manesty Dairy and a washing machine in High Seat and Tommy Bit. We are working on providing a washing machine and drier for our Caravan but this has not been possible yet. Unfortunately we are unable to install a washing machine in Cocklety How Studio Apartment.
– Tommy Bit now has a dedicated shower room which is not shared.
– Hot tub – Regrettably we have closed our hot tub. It drains into a stream, limiting the disinfectants we can use. Therefore, we are not confident we can satisfy Government guidance on cleaning shared spaces. The Government has also advised that people from different households should not share private hot tubs.
– We have an earlier departure time of 9am, which must be followed.
– We will provide you with a departure pack with clear information about what you need to do before you vacate the accommodation.
– We will ask you to strip your beds and put used laundry in our designated location outside.
– You will be asked to leave the windows open and turn on all extractor fans.
– You will be asked, in addition to leaving things clean and tidy as usual, to wipe high contact surfaces and places with alcohol wipes which we will provide.
What if you get ill while you are staying at Manesty?
– If you have symptoms of Covid-19 or are asymptomatic but have the need to self-isolate, you should return home to self-isolate according to the current government guidance.
– If you have acute symptoms, have breathing difficulties, or your life is at potential risk, you should seek medical help immediately.
– If you contract Covid-19 while staying at Manesty you must inform us immediately so that we can take appropriate action.
What else are we doing?
– We have the ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry standard from Visit England.
What if there is another lockdown?
– If we are instructed to close again and are not permitted to be open for a your holiday, you can move the booking to an alternative date with 52 week of the date of your original booking.