Terms & conditions
Conditions of booking & occupancy
2. Pay a Booking Deposit and Good Housekeeping Deposit when booking, as follows:
i. Weekly rental of up to £500: £100 Booking Deposit per week
Weekly rental of £500 or more: £200 Booking Deposit per week
Shorter breaks: apply the above scale to the rental for the period concerned
ii. Good Housekeeping Deposit: £10 per person for standard booking, £20 per person for larger groups booking (please see T&Cs for larger groups below)
3. Consult us before booking more than one cottage for your party. Bookings from parties requiring two or more cottages will usually only be permitted in the cottage configurations laid out on the Larger Groups website page. They require agreement to further booking conditions, which you can read below.
4. The balance of the rent for your stay is payable on your arrival. We accept debit cards, direct bank transfers and cheques (payable to Leyland). Please be in a position to pay when you arrive.
5. We strongly suggest that you take out cancellation insurance in respect of your booking with us. The section “Cancellation” below sets out your liabilities in the event of your having to cancel your holiday.
6. Park your car(s) in the space(s) allocated to your accommodation or as specifically requested by us. Our parking plan has been designed to minimise visual intrusion while maximising manoeuvring space for all our guests so please be considerate.
7. If you are a smoker or e-cigarette user please smoke only on the road outside the cottages and not in the grounds or inside the accommodation.
8. Manesty is peaceful rural place and we offer our guests a private and tranquil holiday. Please respect the outdoor space allocated to other units of accommodation and refrain from activities which your neighbours might find intrusive.
9. Please look after your accommodation and its furnishings and fittings during your stay and use indoor shoes or slippers inside. Please leave it in a clean and tidy condition. The Good Housekeeping Deposit is held against the risk of any damage, breakages or extra cleaning needed to prepare the cottage to our usual high standards. Where the cost of any damage, breakages or extra cleaning is in excess of the good housekeeping deposit paid guests may be charged the excess.
10. Please vacate your accommodation by 10.00am on your departure day. We will be on hand to say goodbye to you, to make a quick inspection of your accommodation and help you to ensure that you have left nothing behind, to receive your keys and return your good-housekeeping deposit, usually in the form of a cheque.
2. Please do not invite large groups to join you at Manesty and please advise us if you wish to have any daytime visitors. Extra guests create more wear and tear on the accommodation and put more pressure on the environs which can prejudice the enjoyment of the holidays of others.
3. Please do not plan for any members of your party to sleep outside of the bed spaces provided, e.g. on the floor or in the sitting room, unless you have been specifically offered this option in advance.
4. Do not bring any pets on to the premises. This includes the grounds and car parking areas and applies to dogs left in cars. Please remember that other guests may have left their pets at home to meet this requirement and others may have deliberately sought out pet free accommodation.
5. Do not smoke or use e-cigarettes inside or in the gardens and grounds.
1. Each cottage must be booked on a separate booking form.
2. Each booking form must be completed and signed by a designated ‘principal guest’ who is occupying the cottage, and who takes responsibility for the cottage during the stay.
3. All members of the group must be listed on the relevant booking form: any changes to the occupants of a cottage (either to the total number or to the individual members) must be notified to, and agreed by ourselves prior to your arrival.
4. The total number of guests staying in all the accommodation booked must not exceed the total number of guests each cottage is equipped for, as designated on our website. It must also not exceed 12 guests for bookings of 4 nights or more; and must not exceed 14 guests for bookings of 3 nights or fewer.
5. The ‘principal guest’ is responsible for ensuring that the correct deposits are paid and for the payment of the balance of the rent in a single payment on arrival.
6. For groups occupying more than one cottage the Good Housekeeping Deposit is increased to £20 per person.
7. The ‘principal guest’ is responsible for ensuring that at the end of the stay the cottage is left clean and tidy in the condition that it was found in. Failure to leave the cottage in such a condition will result in a deduction from the Good Housekeeping Deposit in respect of any extra cleaning needed to prepare the accommodation to our customary high standards for incoming guests.
8. Deductions will be made from the Good Housekeeping Deposits in respect of any damages or breakages. Any damages or breakages must be reported immediately so that we can remedy them as soon as is practicable and before the cottage is occupied by the next guests. Where the cost of damage, breakages and extra cleaning exceeds the good Housekeeping deposit paid the guests may be charged the excess.
9. Members of the group must be considerate towards other guests at Manesty Holiday Cottages, such that the quality of their holiday is not degraded:
i. Noise levels must be kept down
ii. Children must always be supervised
iii. Members of the group must keep to their own garden area and not infringe on space that belongs to other cottages.
iv. Members of the group must not walk through space that belongs to other cottages to access cars that are parked at Youdale Knot. The road should be used when necessary.
10. No cutlery, crockery, kitchen equipment, furniture or such like may be moved between cottages. If you require extra items please ask and we will do our best to accommodate your needs without moving items from cottage to cottage.
11. Dining plans must be agreed to by ourselves before making the booking: each cottage is equipped to dine only its maximum occupancy, except Manesty Band, which can dine up to 12 (14 for 3 nights or fewer).
12. Shoes which have been worn outside must not be worn inside the cottage. Please bring indoor shoes or slippers.
13. These conditions should be circulated to all members of the group to ensure that all members of the party are aware of their responsibilities.
Should the reason for your cancellation be included in your insurance terms we will make all reasonable efforts to issue you with the necessary documentation for your insurers.